Highlander Movies Trivia Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cyrus The Great View Post

Is there an extended scene that shows the brand name on the can? I watched the Fasil fight scene on YouTube. I saw Connor step on the can and heard the metallic crunch, but the brand name of the soda was not visible. The can was mostly red with a partly visible thin white stripe, so it could very well be a Coca-Cola can, but I can't be sure.

Next Question: In the flashback where Connor meets little Rachel, he picks her up, starts walking with her, and is then shot in the back by a Nazi. Lying on the ground with Rachel, Connor reanimates, opens his eyes, and looks at Rachel. She whispers, "You're alive. Why didn't you die?" What does Connor say in response?
    Hey, its a kind of magic.

I think its a Coke can. I can't actually remember myself!

Next question; this ones a little harder. In 1985 when The Gathering is taking place how many immortals are still alive? The figure must include immortals who didn't have any screen time or were cut from the film or were simply mentioned.

Comment

Originally posted by Dragon Katana View Post

I think its a Coke can. I can't actually remember myself!
      That YouTube that I watched had horrible resolution! I got out my DVD of the movie and re-watched the Fasil scene. I put the machine on extra slow frame by frame during the can stepping. I was able to clearly see the words "real thing!" on the can. Coke did have that slogan back in the day.

Your new question may be a stumper for me, but I'll give it some thought.

Comment

Next question; this ones a little harder. In 1985 when The Gathering is taking place how many immortals are still alive? The figure must include immortals who didn't have any screen time or were cut from the film or were simply mentioned.
        Counting from the beginning of the movie...
        Conor
        Kurgan
        Fasil
        Kastagir
        The guy from the deleted scene...Kim?
        Is that it?

Comment

Originally posted by Ceridwen View Post
          Counting from the beginning of the movie...
          Conor
          Kurgan
          Fasil
          Kastagir
          The guy from the deleted scene...Kim?
          Is that it?
          Nearly, but not quite!

On screen

Connor MacLeod
          The Kurgan
          Iman Fasil
          Sunda Kastigar

Mentioned

Osta Vasilek - Police interrogation scene, we also see a photo of him. Potentially a mugshot photo.

Not mentioned/scene not in film:

Yung Dol Kim - Asian immortal with two swords. Working as a security guard. Gives up fighting against the Kurgan and asks for peace before Kurgan decapitates him.

Comment

Nearly, but not quite!

On screen

Connor MacLeod
            The Kurgan
            Iman Fasil
            Sunda Kastigar

Mentioned

Osta Vasilek - Police interrogation scene, we also see a photo of him. Potentially a mugshot photo.

Not mentioned/scene not in film:

Yung Dol Kim - Asian immortal with two swords. Working as a security guard. Gives up fighting against the Kurgan and asks for peace before Kurgan decapitates him.
            I managed to find Osta Vazilek in the Highlander Wiki. Apparently, he was beheaded by the Kurgan two nights before Connor killed Fasil. But, I didn't find any mention of Kim. Maybe that's because deleted scenes are not considered cannon. Here are a couple of YouTubes showing stills from the Kurgan/Kim deleted scene. The first has detailed spoken narration, possibly from the original script. The second has an introductory paragraph about Kim's origin and a few subtitles describing the action.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MlNYlRsMvgE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_mPqHEjKPs

Comment

I managed to find Osta Vazilek in the Highlander Wiki. Apparently, he was beheaded by the Kurgan two nights before Connor killed Fasil. But, I didn't find any mention of Kim. Maybe that's because deleted scenes are not considered cannon. Here are a couple of YouTubes showing stills from the Kurgan/Kim deleted scene. The first has detailed spoken narration, possibly from the original script. The second has an introductory paragraph about Kim's origin and a few subtitles describing the action.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MlNYlRsMvgE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_mPqHEjKPs
              Yep, the scenes with Kim were filmed but were apparently lost in a fire. I still consider Kim part of the first film as he was written into the story. The book 'A Kind of Magic: The Making of the Original Highlander film' goes into quite a lot of detail about the scenes involving Kim. Its worth a read. I learned a lot from it.

As for Vasilek his back story is covered in the Highlander comic book series 'Highlander: The American Dream'.

Comment

Yep, the scenes with Kim were filmed but were apparently lost in a fire. I still consider Kim part of the first film as he was written into the story. The book 'A Kind of Magic: The Making of the Original Highlander film' goes into quite a lot of detail about the scenes involving Kim. Its worth a read. I learned a lot from it.

As for Vasilek his back story is covered in the Highlander comic book series 'Highlander: The American Dream'.
                Interesting info! I will look into the book and the comic.

So, lets have a new question.

What is the make, model, and color of Connor's car as seen right after his fight with Iman Fasil?

Comment

What is the make, model, and color of Connor's car as seen right after his fight with Iman Fasil?
                  A very good question. It's a Porsche, silver. The model I did know this at one point....356 Speedster?

Next question; When Brenda is in the library at the computer and they compare signatures when investigating Russell Nash, Brenda complains about something to Rick - what does she complain about?

Comment

Yes, Connor's Porsche was a 356 Speedster. I have always thought that was a very attractive design.

Brenda complains that the computer room is freezing!

Next question: Connor and Brenda are in his reliquary (round room with his old stuff). Right before Connor reveals his true identity, Brenda asks, "Are the _________ real? What goes in the blank space?

Comment

Next question: Connor and Brenda are in his reliquary (round room with his old stuff). Right before Connor reveals his true identity, Brenda asks, "Are the _________ real? What goes in the blank space?
                      Claymores.

Next question; Can you name the only Queen song that is featured in Highlander that is not on the 'A Kind of Magic' album but does feature on another Queen album?

Comment

Next question; Can you name the only Queen song that is featured in Highlander that is not on the 'A Kind of Magic' album but does feature on another Queen album?
                        To the best of my internet searching, here is my answer:

Three Queen songs are in the movie, but not on the "A Kind of Magic" album. These are: "Hammer To Fall", "A Dozen Red Roses for my Darling", and "New York, New York". Of these three, only "Hammer To Fall" is in another Queen album: ''The Works". "A Dozen Red Roses for my Darling" is included in "The Singles Collection Volume 3", but this is not an album. I couldn't find a collection including "New York, New York".

Next Question: This may be difficult to answer. In the very last scene of Highlander, Connor and Brenda are enjoying a beautiful day outdoors after Connor has won The Prize. As Connor explains to Brenda what that means for him, their relationship, and the World, a military fighter jet flies over them. What type of fighter jet was this plane?

Comment

Hammer to Fall is correct.

i have to be honest. I had to Google the fighter plane. Its a SEPECAT Jaguar.

Leading on from the last question. The last scene involving Brenda and Connor post Kurgan-defeat was not filmed in Scotland. Which country was it filmed in?

Comment

i have to be honest. I had to Google the fighter plane. Its a SEPECAT Jaguar.
                            You found the fighter plane very quickly - well done! I did not know the answer. I searched quite a bit, but couldn't find it. Out of interest, I looked up the SEPECAT Jaguar. I found this interesting video about its design, production, and military engagements:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37YcSjlffdA

I will try and search out your new question. It surprised me, as I always thought that scene was filmed in Scotland.

Comment

You found the fighter plane very quickly - well done! I did not know the answer.
                              https://www.impdb.org/index.php?titl...f%20the%20film.

Comment

Leading on from the last question. The last scene involving Brenda and Connor post Kurgan-defeat was not filmed in Scotland. Which country was it filmed in?
                                Wales

I liked this description of the location in Wales, especially the various place names:

"Despite taking place in Scotland, some filming took place in Wales for production reasons. Highlander’s famous final scene was filmed in Sychnant Pass in Conwy. The valley makes its way through Snowdonia and out to the North Wales coast. The valley is home to breathtaking views providing great access to the surrounding hills. In particular, Penmaenbach offers one of the best views of the Great Orme from its summit."

https://www.menaiholidays.co.uk/blog...spite%20taking

Next Question: Brenda barges into the antique store, confronting Rachel, and demands to see Mr. Nash. Connor comes into the room and has a conversation with Brenda. After a bit of banter and a few questions, Brenda asks, "What about a Japanese sword dated 600 B.C., the metal in the blade folded 200 times?" What is Connor's response (two sentences)?

Comment

Next Question: Brenda barges into the antique store, confronting Rachel, and demands to see Mr. Nash. Connor comes into the room and has a conversation with Brenda. After a bit of banter and a few questions, Brenda asks, "What about a Japanese sword dated 600 B.C., the metal in the blade folded 200 times?" What is Connor's response (two sentences)?
                                  I think he says 'I don't deal in exotic weapons. Let me show you something in 18th century silver'.

That's purely from memory, no Googling!

Next question; What does Lt. Frank Moran trip over when he's at Madison Square Garden?

Comment

Next question; What does Lt. Frank Moran trip over when he's at Madison Square Garden?
                                    Good memory!

Lt. Moran either trips over Iman Fasil's body or his head. Its hard to tell which as the camera is aimed a bit too high. However, the Lt. does tell someone to cover the head.

Next Question: The Kurgan checks into the hotel in NYC under the alias Victor Kruger. The proprietor hits him up for $20. The Kurgan pulls out a thick fold of $20's and the now salivating proprietor says ......?

Comment

Next Question: The Kurgan checks into the hotel in NYC under the alias Victor Kruger. The proprietor hits him up for $20. The Kurgan pulls out a thick fold of $20's and the now salivating proprietor says ......?
                                      He says something like 'erm, hey! If there's anything you need; broads, blow just dial 0!'

Next question more of an observational one. If you study the leather jacket that Kurgan is wearing during the present day New York scenes you'll see something hanging off it that relates to another character, what is it?

Comment

Next question more of an observational one. If you study the leather jacket that Kurgan is wearing during the present day New York scenes you'll see something hanging off it that relates to another character, what is it?
                                        Well, I noticed that Kurgan has two big rings on the back of his jacket and there appear to be feathers hanging from the rings. Perhaps these are trophies from a certain "Spanish Peacock".

Next Question: What is the last part of the training that Ramirez gave to Connor?

Comment

Well, I noticed that Kurgan has two big rings on the back of his jacket and there appear to be feathers hanging from the rings. Perhaps these are trophies from a certain "Spanish Peacock".

Next Question: What is the last part of the training that Ramirez gave to Connor?
                                          On the front of his jacket, you can see Ramirez' earring dangling down. However, I've never noticed the rings or feathers!

The last part of the training was using the Quickening to 'feel' the energy of other animals. In the first film that animal is a stag.

Next question; in 1985 when Sunda Kastigar and MacLeod meet in Central Park how many years prior did they last meet?

Comment

On the front of his jacket, you can see Ramirez' earring dangling down. However, I've never noticed the rings or feathers!

The last part of the training was using the Quickening to 'feel' the energy of other animals. In the first film that animal is a stag.

Next question; in 1985 when Sunda Kastigar and MacLeod meet in Central Park how many years prior did they last meet?
                                            Hi! Kastagir and MacLeod both mention a hundred years.
                                            I love the stag scene: immortals are actually connected to all living beings. I wish it would be more developed in the franchise.

Next question: what month (and day?) was Heather born?

Comment

Originally posted by Michel de Burgoyne View Post

Hi! Kastagir and MacLeod both mention a hundred years.
                                              I love the stag scene: immortals are actually connected to all living beings. I wish it would be more developed in the franchise.

Correct!

What month and day was Heather born? In all honesty I wouldn't know. Was it ever mentioned at all? Unless it was mentioned in a rough draft of the script, or the novel (it's been a long time since I read the book). Possibly mentioned in one of the comics? Or even the TV series?

Without Googling the answer I would say that Heather was possibly born during the Winter months, so December - February? When Connor lights a candle for Heather in the first Highlander film, its in modern day New York and it looks rather drab (especially at night, Brenda complains about the lack of heating in the library, everyone's wearing coats etc).

In Highlander 3 at the end of the film when Connor lights a candle for Heather in Scotland, there is snow on the mountains.

I'm probably reading into it far too much but thats the best answer I can give without going down a rabbit hole!

Comment

Originally posted by Michel de Burgoyne View Post

I did try to Google for about an hour, but I couldn't find anything. I'm not sure that its very cold in NYC during the modern scenes of the movie. I was just looking at the scene with Connor and Brenda at the Zoo. Brenda has on a jacket and jeans. Connor has a thin knee length trench coat which I think is more to hide his sword than to keep him warm. I think we can rule out summer from Brenda's attire, but I think that Spring and Fall are still possibilities for Heather's birth.

Comment

I did try to Google for about an hour, but I couldn't find anything. I'm not sure that its very cold in NYC during the modern scenes of the movie. I was just looking at the scene with Connor and Brenda at the Zoo. Brenda has on a jacket and jeans. Connor has a thin knee length trench coat which I think is more to hide his sword than to keep him warm. I think we can rule out summer from Brenda's attire, but I think that Spring and Fall are still possibilities for Heather's birth.
                                                  Yeah as I said, without going down a rabbit hole I was just taking a stab in the dark.

I'm now swinging more towards Autumn. Thinking about the scenes in Highlander 3 when Connor returns to Scotland to forge a new blade there are no leaves on the tree's in that scene. Connor is wearing a leather jacket and gloves (Alex Johnson is also wearing a jacket and gloves). Later on in the film, when Connor returns to Scotland (after defeating Kane) to light a candle for Heather you can see snow on the mountain tops. So yeah, autumn time.
                                                  Attached Files

Comment

Autumn sounds good to me.

I hope Michel will come back and give us his take on Heather's birthdate. But, until then, maybe we should move on to a new question.

Next Question: At the police station, Brenda walks into the Detective's Room to talk to Frank about going out for lunch. He is on the phone discussing a case involving two neighbors. What did the Vietnamese neighbor do?

Comment

Working...
                                                    X